05 February, 2017
One large grey Moleskine Cahier and and the coloring pages from the "6 Köpfe 12 Blöcke" BOM, a page index and notes on anything I want to keep track off - et voilà another Quilter's Bullet Journal
The coloring pages are a nice idea, it helps to play with the colors of the block on paper, in the end the second from above is the block I sewed.
I followed the instructions marking a diagunal line on the lilttle squares which I then sewed onto the corners of the bigger squared and cut the remaining triangle off. Which leaves a lot of fabric waste...
Enough fabric for Rolling Stone's little Star Sister...
31 January, 2017
A - red and white - sampler with a block for every month in 12", pretty big but "doable" and if I do not like one of them I will find quite a few "sampler blocks" in my stash...
The classic Rolling Stone block was pretty easy to sew, just the rotary cutting and “hst sewing” created a lot of fabric waste – enough for another, smaller block ....
22 January, 2017
28 September, 2016
I am blaming Aurifil as I was not able to buy any thread at the Patchwork Meeting in Saints-Marie-aux-Mines this year, (they sponsor this event and I had no problems in the last years to get my threads, I will have to get myself one of those thread sample cards for color matching and start bying it online, which I hate!) not a single vendor with plain white Aurifil thread. Back at home I bought Sulky/Güterman Quilting thread in "red"- stupid idea but I was desperate only 3 more nights to finish the quilt... The thread quality is not even close to Aurifil's. I have never had that much lint in my sewing life, "Wollmäuse" (bunch of thread big as a mouse) in my sewingmachine, arrg.
Whatever, once I have "him" back I will change the quilting and at least I learned a lot of what I will never do again.
For the fun of it, I am sharing my Double Wedding Ring CHANEL Quilt in this fall’s Blogger's Quilt Festival category “Original Design”
A few quilt details:
- Top Fabrics: Oakshott Colourshott 01 White Sand , Oakshott Colourshott 31 Marble White, Oakshott Ruby Red 16 Santiago
- Binding: Oakshott Ruby Red 16 Santiago
- Logos/Bottle/Coco Chanel Protrait/: not mine! - all belong to CHANEL but it was fun playing with them…
- Backing: Oakshott Marble White – I won the 3 meters I needed of that beautiful fabric at the “Giveway Monday” end of July on Lily’s Quilt blog, lucky me :-)
- WeddingRing Blocks machine pieced; everything else hand pieced and hand appliquéd, hand "redworked"
- Sewing thread Aurifil white, Appliqué YLI white; Quilting thread Sulky/Gütermann (never again)
- Appliqué: Needle turn and "glue stick" (I would love to try the Apliquik tools for this next time)
- Redwork: Anchor embroidery thread
A few more pictures can be found on