22 January, 2017
28 September, 2016
I am blaming Aurifil as I was not able to buy any thread at the Patchwork Meeting in Saints-Marie-aux-Mines this year, (they sponsor this event and I had no problems in the last years to get my threads, I will have to get myself one of those thread sample cards for color matching and start bying it online, which I hate!) not a single vendor with plain white Aurifil thread. Back at home I bought Sulky/Güterman Quilting thread in "red"- stupid idea but I was desperate only 3 more nights to finish the quilt... The thread quality is not even close to Aurifil's. I have never had that much lint in my sewing life, "Wollmäuse" (bunch of thread big as a mouse) in my sewingmachine, arrg.
Whatever, once I have "him" back I will change the quilting and at least I learned a lot of what I will never do again.
A few quilt details:
- Top Fabrics: Oakshott Colourshott 01 White Sand , Oakshott Colourshott 31 Marble White, Oakshott Ruby Red 16 Santiago
- Binding: Oakshott Ruby Red 16 Santiago
- Logos/Bottle/Coco Chanel Protrait/: not mine! - all belong to CHANEL but it was fun playing with them…
- Backing: Oakshott Marble White – I won the 3 meters I needed of that beautiful fabric at the “Giveway Monday” end of July on Lily’s Quilt blog, lucky me :-)
- WeddingRing Blocks machine pieced; everything else hand pieced and hand appliquéd, hand "redworked"
- Sewing thread Aurifil white, Appliqué YLI white; Quilting thread Sulky/Gütermann (never again)
- Appliqué: Needle turn and "glue stick" (I would love to try the Apliquik tools for this next time)
- Redwork: Anchor embroidery thread
13 August, 2016
10 August, 2016
A red&white quilt design inspired by the artwork of Debra M Smith (I love her White / Red series pieced with vintage silk kimono fabrics) and the Fine Line Log Cabin Quilt on Purl Soho's Website.
I would like to make a quilt that looks like a improvised pencil drawing just in red and white.
Day#1 "FineLineRed&WhiteQuilt" for #30DaysofQuiltDesign by @stichedincolor and @GothamQuilts